Sunday, September 18, 2011

Blog 2 (Edit)

1) I chose to interview two physical therapy patients. Both were family, the first being my grandma with a torn meniscus, and my uncle with a broken fibula. I chose to interview my grandma because of her knee injury and my fascination with the knee, being that it is a vital joint in almost all activities. I had hoped an interview with my grandma would come handy in understanding the knee. She did not really know professional terms, but had given me contacts with pro therapists and notes from her several therapists. As for my uncle, I wanted to get someone who, like me, had recently (within a few years) started running and our anatomies would be similar. Interviewing him gave me insight on the effects of healing through an athlete's perspective, since healing is generally quicker for those in shape.

2) For my grandma:
* "What are some of the things you've learned about yourself (Knee anatomy, etc) through your therapy?"
* "How important did you think this was for you? Would you say this is an important profession to study?"
For my uncle:
* "Did they explain the term and the importance of your exercises and how they worked with your body?"
* "How important did you think your therapy was?"
* "What have you learned through your experience in therapy?"
* "I consider myself a recreational runner. However, I honestly don't think I am not very up to date with anatomy as I probably should be, considering the pains from running and my tendency to go out for random runs. Do you think Physical Therapy/Sports Med. would be a sufficient topic to devote my senior year to, considering the fact that I wish to stay active?"
* "Regarding the above question, do you think it would be wise for anyone, even people who don't enjoy a whole lot of exercise, to understand anatomy and injuries before they do any kind of exercise?"

No comments:

Post a Comment